Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tosh Leaves Book Soup

Dear beloved audience,

As well as being the publisher and editor for TamTam Books, I also had a passion for book buying for the store Book Soup in West Hollywood (Los Angeles).   I can't tell you how much fun it is to purchase incredible books for that store.  The customers there are top-notch, the staff great, and just one big huge zowie of a great time. The magic moment for me is when Ennio Morricone at Book Soup whistled the main theme from The Scilican Clan to me!



Ennio Morricone meets fan Tosh at Book Soup
Also I have to give high praise to the "Rep" who are the faces of the publishing house.  They do a remarkable job in going through the weeded jungle of their catalogs and present me the best and the most unusual books.  And to be honest I never really cared about the cost of the book, but how unique it is and how it fits in the Book Soup moody world.

Within removing from the packings we sold a $10, 500 book "Commedia dell'Arte - Couture Edition" ) http://www.commedia-book.com/about.html within minutes.  Only 25 made in the world, and gone in a matter of seconds.   


But alas, it is time for me to return full-time to the world of TamTam Books.  Also working on my own writings as well.  So its a very regretful goodbye to Book Soup, a place that was my home for at least 25 years.   For me Book Soup is 1987-2012.  


1 comment:

boy wonder said...

Good luck Tosh. You were a very integral (and eccentric) part of Book Soup.