Saturday, May 14, 2011

Michel Legrand's "Michel Legrand chante"

For the past two years I have been searching out music by Michel Legrand.  His mixture of pop and jazz is a win-win combination.  And his soundtrack work with Jacques Demy is...well its damn incredible.  But via the world of the Internet I have been finding some interesting music by this man.  For instance this album.  I don't know when it was recorded, my guess sometime in the early 60's.  What I have is a vinyl download, so the clicks and cracks adds to the magic of the music.  Legrand has a great jazzy voice and it is very effective when he's singing something very pop orientated.  Also his skill as an arranger is something else.   And his sensitivity with the voice with the instruments I think is quite unique.  A beautiful album.

No comments: