Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday, April 3, 2019




I drink wine.  I drink a bottle of wine with my wife, and sometimes afterward, I have a glass of sake while watching TV.   We prefer the wine label Charles Shaw, which can only be purchased at Trader Joe's.   Each bottle is $2.99, or at certain parts of the season, $3.99.   After a day of 'work,' I like to have a glass or a few and let the intoxication take over my brain.  I have posted images with music on Instagram (Here) where I'm sitting on my couch in the living room, watching the lightness leave, and the darkness enters my world.  It's the favorite time of the day, when I think back all the mistakes I made early in the afternoon, with some of the great successes as well. Pain and pleasure are married,  and we have to honor the duality that exists.



My day started at 6:30 A.M.   My morning habit is to read the Guardian and the New York Times online.  Usually, the Guardian comes first. I'm intrigued by the situation in England at the moment with the Brexit issue.  I find it totally confusing as well as idiotic.  Which I gather by reading reports others feel the same way.  It's a complicated issue which shouldn't be that complex.  Still, I understand the emotional need to feel separated from another part of the world, but to actually do something like leaving the European world strikes me as stupid.  I'm not British, but I have purchased a lot of British made books (imported Penguin books) and vinyl issued and made in the U.K.; still, that is far as my expertise goes.   It seems the decision to leave was a snap judgment, which I know is impossible (or is it?)   But Brexit winning by such a small margin strikes me as not fair to those who wanted to stay with the EU.  If it was an 80% vote to leave, then OK, take the poison and make the trip.



When I look at my calendar, I immediately become exhausted.   Nothing too crazy mind you, but I have a podcast interview tomorrow, and then I have to see my Uncle, and then come home to deal with a meeting regarding doing a podcast.  This is something I'm looking forward to, because besides "Tosh Talks" YouTube show I want to do something that is totally aural, and not visual.   We bought all the proper equipment, so hopefully, within a few weeks, we can do a proper broadcast.  It will be called "Tosh Talks" because we will still post it on YouTube, and I'm not changing the format, just another medium or outlet to deal with.

What I would want to do is be a DJ on my "Tosh Talks" podcast, but I suspect that there are legal issues involving playing music in that format.   So, I have to study up on that. I'm going to Tokyo in May, and I want to do more Tosh Talks episodes there, so not sure if a podcast or just a YouTube thing is the best.  So many questions, and so many no answers.

No comments: