Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14, 2014



September 14, 2014

There is something so honorable about taking a stand in life, no matter what happens.   I don’t normally pray, but first thing in the morning, even before a cup of coffee, I knell in front of my full length mirror and silently repeat to myself:

“I believe that to have a friend,
A man must be one.

That all men are created equal
And that everyone has within himself
The power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there
But that every man
Must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared
Physically, mentally, and morally
To fight when necessary
For that which is right.

That a man should make the most
Of what equipment he has.

That 'This government,
Of the people, by the people
And for the people'
Shall live always.

That men should live by
The rule of what is best
For the greatest number. ”



Many years ago, a bad man did a very bad thing to my father, and ever since then I swore that I wouldn’t allow evil to come upon my house nor my neighbors.  Usually around 9:00 PM at night, I go to my closet and get an outfit that resembles a Texas Ranger uniform, and with the cloth, from my father’s leather vest, I made a mask to go with the outfit.  I carried a pistol, but I swore to myself that I would never use it to take another’s life.  If anything, I would use it to signal help, or at the very least shoot a weapon out of the villain’s hand.  Sometimes I have missed, and I shot a finger or two off, but alas, it was a miscalculation of taking the wrong aim.  Nevertheless I use only silver bullets, to remind myself that life is precious and not to be thrown away.

Also as much as possible I want to use perfect grammar and precise speech devoid of slang.  If one is going to bring justice to the area, one has to set high standards, in case there are any children who are following my career or my duties as a fellow citizen. Therefore I don’t smoke or drink.  I enter into the night, because I embrace the darkness that surrounds the area. It is usually in the darkness where bad men do evil things, but for me I want to take the night back, and bring it to its natural poetic beautiful soul. I tend not to soil myself in such a fashion where I refuse to drink alcohol or eat fatty foods, but instead I think water to purify my damaged soul.



As I wander into the night, I just have to deal with the idea of revenge, but I do know that this is a fruitless form of activity, because that thirst can never be satisfied.  If you go to that well, you will always find yourself back to that well, trying to drain the last drop at the very bottom.  I did retire once, and found someone else taking up my role or identity. If he followed the above creed or promise, I would be more understanding - but this man or creature decided to take the law into his own hands, by committing massacres one after another. So obviously, I had to go back into the night to clear my name.

After putting on the recording of “William Tell Overture” on the turntable, I approached the mirror again, and slowly put my costume on, knowing that I will never be able to leave my identity as the figure who fights for justice.  I declare to the night and to all those who feel a false sense of security in the nighttime. I’m back.

No comments: