Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 30, 2020 (In The Year of the Trump Virus)

April 30, 2020 (In the Year of the Trump Virus)

Some days are challenging to do any work.  I pretty much spent the day looking at my laptop screen and trying to imagine words appearing in front of me.  Alas, just a blanked screen that mirrors my empty head. I try to go somewhere emotional, but that is dried-up as well.

Early this morning, I went to Trader Joe's Market to purchase some food, but the real reason for the trip was we were out of wine. It is debatable if Lun*na and I are alcoholics, but clearly, we are devoted to wine brand/label "Charles Shaw." We have friends who look down on this wine brand, due that it's $2.99 a bottle. For us, it's heaven on Earth.  We tried other brands, but Charles Shaw has been consistent in taste, and of course, easy on the wallet.  We bought three cases of wine, as well as foodstuff, which is not that interesting. At the Berman/Menoh household, 7:00 P.M. is happy hour, which lasts until one of us falls asleep at night.

The last time we went to Trader Joe's was precisely last month.  We have been shopping online for food, but Trader Joe's doesn't have a delivery service, nor do they use third-party services. So, if one wants the wine, we have to go ourselves.  Again, it was very well organized. All you have to do is follow the arrows up and down the aisles of the market to do your shopping.  The funny thing is I like being told to stay at home, and I love the mechanic aspect of shopping where one does follow instructions regarding the arrows and so forth.

At one time in my life, I adore anarchy.  But now I crave order and designs that take you from point A to Point B.  I get upset when I read people are going to the beach or having parties because it's going against the lockdown world.  Don't get me wrong, I do miss the social life and the ability to go to record and book shops, but other than that, I adore being at home. Not once have I felt stir-crazy or bored. Every day is something to be excited about, such as if I'm going to form words on my computer screen or not.  I explored every area and corner of my house.  Sometimes I even go in the closet and close the door after me, to see what that experience is like.

When I go to bed, it is usually the feeling when I can't keep my eyes open.  I watch a bit of TV, do some reading, and often end the night with a glass of red wine.  Afterward, I lay in bed with great anticipation for the next day.   - Tosh Berman

No comments: