Friday, February 19, 2021

The Prisoner in Lockdown

 


It's very moving and odd at the same time to watch "The Prisoner" during lockdown mode. I'm now committed to watching the entire series in order, and it's a pleasure to return home. I get a great sense of comfort in knowing that No. 6 is outsmarting his captors in such a brilliant and funny manner. I understand the pleasures of such shows as "Columbo," but oddly enough, the show doesn't give me pleasure anymore. Still, "The Prisoner" is something I can watch over and over again, and it seems to open up a different emotional response from me. I love the setting of the Village, but I also love the clothing. Such as khaki pants, tennis shoes, a turtleneck shirt, a jacket with white border-lapels, and trimmings. All of it makes great sense to me. Lockdown life made bearable for me. -Tosh Berman.

No comments: