Friday, November 30, 2007

Frédéric (Fred) Chichin



Frédéric (Fred) Chichin, although I never met him, is someone I thought of on a daily basis for the last 20 or so years. A friend of mine Eric Blum invited me to his studio sometime in 1985, and played me their "The No Comprendo (1986) album and the first song hooked me. I think like a crazy goon I searched high and low (before the internet) for their first album “Rita Mitsouko,” another winner by the way.

A good friend of my wife and I, Nakano, made a video for them – and he gave us an old 8mm video collection of all their visual works. It was magnificent. Many years later some thugs broke into our house and stole the camera with the Rita Mitsouko tape in it. I wanted the death penalty for those who stole something so precious to me.

A decade later I can now watch all the missing videos on YouTube. So technology can do good things, but I wished it could have cured Chichin’s cancer, so he can be here with us.

Meanwhile here are some images of Fred and Catherine Ringer (singer and partner of Fred). Look in the October menu on this blog for their videos.




No comments: