Saturday, January 26, 2008

TamTam Books' Tribute to Korla Pandit



Korla Pandit maybe a required taste type of artist, but there is something so powerful in his music and of course image. While working on my memoir I often play the album down below that just came out on El Records. It's a superb collection of his music that was recorded sometime in the early 50's.



I have a faint memory of seeing his TV show, but it must have been a dream of some sort. As a family we didn't have a TV set till the late 50's or early 60's. So I must have seen some of this footage on a TV show about early programming. I am not sure but I think the footage down below was a show only for the Los Angeles market.



The opening number to his TV show.

They said women were under his spell while watching this show. I would like to think that was true.


"Miserlou" 1951


"Kumar"

I met him briefly in the 90's Both of us were at a party for Buzz Magazine. I felt strange meeting an icon from my childhood.



1 comment:

Jade said...

Now I am obsessed! Completely under the spell...