Friday, June 27, 2008

My London Diary: Dave Berry



The singer Dave Berry is almost a mythical figure to me. I know nothing about him, except what I know from watching him on old TV shows like Shindig. He had an incredible stage presence with his extra-slow movements on the stage. Almost campy, but not quite. More dream like and therefore he stayed in my memory for many years.


Classic footage of Dave Berry doing 'Little Things.'


Dave Berry doing Ray Davies (The Kinks) "This Strange Effect" live on some British TV show.

height="344">
Footage of Dave Berry on tour.

"Crying Game" is probably Dave Berry's biggest hit in the States. Tragic song. And I can't find a version by him on YouTube. Go figure! But meanwhile here's Boy George's lovely version:


On a French TV show

"Goodbye to my childhood."

No comments: