Sunday, March 21, 2021

Joe Meek - I Hear a New World [Full Album]


I discovered Joe Meek in Tokyo about 30 years ago. I found this fantastic compilation of his recordings, but the 'odd' masterpiece without a doubt is his own album "I Hear A New World." I believe the album was made in 1959, and yes, on one level it's kitsch. But if you look at it on the level of someone who was obsessed with space travel, aliens from outer space, the after-life, and early electronics this album is amazing. Meek made the studio as an instrument. Without a doubt, he was a troubled genius. He's featured in the book "The Velvet Mafia," which we go in detail on our show BOOK MUSIK.
Here's the full album of "I Hear A New World" Joe Meek's "I Hear A New World"
And here is our podcast Book Musik where we discuss Meek and The Velvet Mafia with the author Darryl W. Bullock. Book Musik: The Velvet Mafia

No comments: