Saturday, December 29, 2007

TamTam Books' Tribute to Edgard Varese



While shopping at a record store, I came upon a CD that brought memories to me. It was Edgard Varése's "Complete Works of Edgard Varése, Volume 1." My parents had this record in their collection and played it all the time.



So I have been playing this album non-stop, and I just want to share this experience with you. The record label is él Records out of London. Meanwhile here are some visuals with Varése's great music.


"Poeme Electronique" Music by Edgar Varése; film by Le Corbusier/Xenakis. 1958


"Ionisation" Edgar Varése


"Ionisation" Edgar Varése; peformed by Pierre Boulez & Ensemble InerContemporain


"Density 21.5 (1936) Edgar Varése; (Not sure about the performer or where it took place)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

varese was frank zappas favorite composer as well