Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Favorite Music For the year 2007

It is that great time of the year when we all make the best of 2007 list for films and music. Which in theory is great, but honestly I don’t like any of the new stuff that much. I could list David Lynch’s “Inland Empire” as one of the best films, but in reality it was THE ONLY NEW FILM that I thought was interesting. So I am going to do a two-part thing. I am going to list my favorite albums this year…. That was actually recorded years ago, except for a couple of exceptions. This is music that was played in my studio while working away on projects, etc. I will do films tomorrow or the next day

Music:


Les Rita Mitsouko “Variéty”


Idil Biret “Chopin: Complete Piano Music (Etudes)


Andre Hodeir “L’écume des jours” Soundtrack to Boris Vian’s “Foam of the Daze”


Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band “The History of the Bonzos”


V.A. “Le Meilleure De Boris Vian”


Chantal Goya “Les Ann+Es 60”


Charlotte Gainsbourg “5:55”


Cream “The Very Best of Cream”


Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich “The Legend Of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich”


Dirk Bogarde “Lyrics for Lovers”


Electric Light Orchestra “No Answer” (with Roy Wood)


Ennio Morricone/Gruppo Di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza “nova musicha n.9; Musica su Schemi”


Graham Gouldman “The Graham Gouldman Thing”


Jack Nitzsche “Chopin '66”


Jacques Dutronc “Madame l'Existence”


Juliette Greco “Si Tu T'imagines”


Michel Legrand “Le cinéma de Michel Legrand (Nouvelle Vague)”


Scott Walker “And Who Shall Go to the Ball? And What Shall Go to the Ball? – EP”


Sparks “Hello Young Lovers”


Sigue Sigue Sputnik “21st Century Boys”


Thurston Moore “Trees Outside The Academy”

...And not in any order mind you!

No comments: