Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Robbie Conal Political Poster Artist on Tea With Tosh





"Tea With Tosh" episode with artist Robbie Conal, videotaped in 1987.  Conal is an amazing artist whose work is political and very much in one's face.  In the 80s and if you lived in Los Angeles, it would have been impossible not to have seen his posters of various Republican politicans.  At the time of the taping, it was the height of the Reagan decade, and the Iran/Contra issue was on everyone's mind.   The one thing that shocked me while watching this episode this morning (for the first time in 30 years) was me mentioning Fawn Hall.   At the time, I would have never imagined meeting her in the future.  But alas, I did, and now she is one of my closest friends.  If you mention her name to me now, I wouldn't even think about the Reagan/ North connection.   Life is strange in how things turn out. 

No comments: