Tuesday, October 5, 2021

I Wished by Dennis Cooper

 


I pretty much read this book in one reading session, and unlike other books, I want to re-read it again,  like right now.  The prose is profoundly perfect, and Dennis really captures the essence of lost moments that become a vital force in itself.  A homage to George Miles, or more likely the importance of such a figure in Dennis Cooper's life and work.   It's a beautiful meditation.  There are writers that one can study and learn from.  I think of PG Wodehouse and Richard Stark's crime novels.  I would add Dennis Cooper to that list as well.  Of course, these writers don't have anything in common (or do they?) but in their excellence and how they tell the tale, with their skill as prose artists.   I recommend this book highly. 

No comments: