Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March 31, 2020 (In the Year of the Trump Virus)

March 31, 2020 (In the Year of the Trump Virus)

I had a dream last night where I’m working in a store, and for sure, I’m aware of the Coronavirus situation. As I was helping people in a store, perhaps a bookstore or music shop, I’m consistently sitting on a toilet and going to the bathroom.  It seems that everyone ignored the fact that I’m bottomless and on the toilet. As I was helping customers or directing them to the right section of the store, I’m defecating as I talk, and being aware that I hoped no one noticed what I’m doing. When I woke up around 5 in the morning, I went directly to the bathroom to pee and was pleased that I didn’t have to go number two.

I went back to sleep, but couldn’t because the dream was disturbing to me. I often dream of situations where I’m naked in parties (not orgies), at work, or walking down in some city. Usually, in my Dreamtime, the landscape is a combination of Los Angeles, New York City (always Manhattan, London, Tokyo, and occasionally Paris. In a nod to Situationists, these cities interchange as the dream moves in its pace.  I had to wake up at 6:30, and in theory, wake Lun*na, so we can go to Trader Joe’s in Silver Lake, which is the community that we live in.

We got there a tad after 8 AM.  There was a line to get in, and there is a red line on the sidewalk where we should stand. Each line is 6-feet away from the other line, and everyone follows this structure with no complaints. The store manager came to the line outside and told us we couldn’t bring our recycled bags in, and that paper bags will be for free.  Once we got in, we had to follow the arrows in a specific direction. If it’s a wide aisle, there is a lane that we walk in, and then we had to make an u-turn at the end of the corridor to get things on the right side of the frozen department.  It is sort of like an old-fashioned board game, but we're the figures on the game board. Trader Joe’s was very well stocked except for toilet paper. For some, and strange reason, it seems that toilet paper disappeared from the planet Earth. Which may have explained my early dream this morning.

Two great things happen within the last 24-hours. First is that I got a job to work on a script, and it’s a fascinating project, and I will be working with another writer. Throughout my life, I have always fantasized that one day I will be hired to work for a Hollywood studio.  To be working with another writer, where I ‘m assigned to write for a specific film or film property. Now that fantasy has come to be, and on top of that, we got advanced test copies of Lun*na’s “Les Sewing Sisters” album. I played the disc last night, and hearing this magnificent music on two speakers quite loud was of a height of great sense of being.  So, the day started being kind of shitty, but that shit has turned to gold by 2 PM this afternoon.

No comments: