Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April 29, 2020 (In The Year of the Trump Virus)

April 29, 2020 (In The Year of the Trump Virus)
I need to walk more. When I do go out to walk, I see other people like me who are thinking of walking for the past few days, and then suddenly, they're out walking at the same time. When I see them, I across the sidewalk to the other side. The problems are, what one should do if two or more are walking toward your direction, and you can't avoid them. The only thing one can do is reverse the trend and go among the others in the same direction. So, my walk is only 1/2 block long, and I'm back in my living room, thinking about my walk, and being aware that strolling in one's neighborhood is a pleasant memory from the past.
From Amoeba Music's website, I purchased The Doors' "Waiting for the Sun." I played it loudly, which made Lun*na closed her studio door. For the past two or three years, I have been criticizing The Doors to friends, enemies, and on various people's Facebook posts. A week ago, I had the urge to listen to the song "Love Street," which is a tune that was a favorite of mine when I first purchased this album in 1968. I was either 13 or 14 years old, and remember having a deep crush on a girl in Topanga Canyon, and whenever I played this song, I thought of her. Playing it now, I still have the memory of having a feeling for this girl, but for the life of me, I can't recall her name or face. My memory never forgets an emotion or a feeling, but people are like ghosts in my life.
I was watching "Columbo" with Ross Martin playing a contemporary snobby art critic who is also a murderer. He had one put-down comment after another, but none of it was witty or wise. Still, I loved watching Martin dealing with Columbo, as the evidence piles up that he is the killer. I fell asleep before the show ended and woke up to another Columbo, where another killer is planning and executing a murder. In my sleepy mind, I couldn't figure out what happened to Ross Martin's art critic. Slowly, I realized that this is another episode of "Columbo," and immediately, I felt sad that I missed the past show. I could have just watched the previous shows' end, but I felt that would be cheating. Perhaps it was fate for me to miss the ending of that specific episode. - Tosh Berman.

No comments: