Saturday, April 4, 2020

April 4, 2020 (In The Year of the Trump Virus)


April 4, 2020 (In the Time of the Trump Virus)

The last few days, I have to say, have not been dandy. Every day brings another day of horrific news.  It is heart-wrenching to read on Facebook and elsewhere of the deaths that are tied to the Coronavirus.  It doesn't help that President Virus can't help himself, except saying disturbing statements, that sounds like the ramblings of an insane person.  To put trust in him is a no-no from common sense.  Even his supporters must be having a hard time dealing with all of this.  I think his strength is his stupidy.  Some people are comfortable with stupid. They are pleased when the bar does not rise too high; in fact, if it is buried under the ground, 20-miles down, it gives them some relief.

The only thing good about all of this is being secluded from the world. It's just me, my wife, and our record and book collection.  Due to technology, I can still do our podcast Book Musik with Kimley, as well as my current, and gratifying,  writing job.  What I do miss is human interaction with people, and not being able to visit book and record stores.  I miss that greatly.

Today, I didn't take a walk around the neighborhood, due that now I'm wearing a mask, it's hard for me to keep my glasses not fogging up. It's the little things, the so-called devil in the details, issues such as preventing one's glasses, not fogging up.  The struggle is consistent!   On the other hand, I watched and listened to 'The Band That Fell to Earth, which is a tribute Bowie group.  The singer of the band is Julian Shah-Tayler, and every Saturday, he has been on Facebook Live doing Bowie covers.  Such enjoyable fun, and I can also do the writing while he sings away.  Perfect!

In these horrifying times, it's important not to lose one's sense of humor.  Do laugh, because that is good for your soul.  And as the No. 6 says, "I'll be seeing you."

No comments: