Saturday, February 20, 2021

The Greatness of Mazouni's song "écoute-moi canarade

 


I'm not even sure when this song was recorded, but I adore "écoute-moi canarade.  I just ordered the compilation and it's in the mail.  Still, I think this is a perfect song.  I love the solo trumpet.  You can hear it here: "écoute-moi canarade" by Mazouni

Taz on YouTube translated the lyrics: 

Oh listen to me comrade Drop this girl You hear me She will make you sick And you will suffer a long time I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul But she never liked you comrade She takes advantage of you and you are happy Even his words are cold You must feel it However Look well in the mirror And think it's important You chose a thorny alas It's not a spring rose I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul Do not count on his promises anymore She will not love you Even at one hundred years She played you double-faced It will change every moment How she took you for a fool But you find all this is good Do not tell me no, it's useless Because for me You are a con I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul Be a little proud Leave her alone She's making fun of you Can not you see it? I understand you It is not easy Because where are you going You shout his name It's not for your beautiful eyes, by the way If she took your arm in front of people You want to play Romeo and Juliet But she does not think What has her lovers I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul You're getting drunk Because of a little girl You who believe you to be intelligent Excuse me really You are stupid It's not your fault Mr. Pigeon I beg you oh comrade You look like you're not here I know these jokes I have already been there I know you love him You gave him your soul I know you love him You gave him your soul But who is this comrade? I speak alone Nobody is there So it's me the comrade The poor con And here I am



No comments: