Friday, February 12, 2021

The One Album I listened to Over and Over Again in 2008

 


The year 2008 was all about Sparks. In a few moments of madness, and without money, I decided to go to London to write a book on Sparks' "21 Albums in 21 Nights" series of concerts, where on each night they would focus on a specific album. From beginning to end, and then for an encore, they would do a b-side or a rare recording from that period of time they recorded that album. Believe it or not, the purpose of these shows was to announce their new album in 2008, "Exotic Creatures Of The Deep." A record with bouncy melodies and great beauty. I had so much fun, but it was also a lot of work. What came out of this whole trip is my book "Sparks-Tastic. And I remember buying a collection of Anthony Newley recordings on CD at HMV on Oxford Street.

No comments: