Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday, April 17, 2019



A beautiful day, weather-wise in Los Angeles.   I went to work in Downtown this morning, feeling a little light headed and in a very relaxed state.  Whenever I have to wake up early for either a work situation or doctor visit, I usually don't need an alarm clock to get me out of bed. It's generally through a dream where I hear a female whisper in my ear "Tosh."  That usually wakes me up. Before work, I re-posted one of the old pieces I wrote for "365."  Today is Pete Shelley's birthday. If he were alive, he would be 64.  The same age as me.   A remarkable songwriter and the first three Buzzcocks albums are pretty damn perfect.   Also, his solo work is equally amazing.  I have often wondered why he didn't stick with the solo work.  Shelley had an interest in electronic or experimental music which gave his pop songwriting side a certain edge.  The songs were pretty, but there was harshness or layers of textures that combined with the heart-filled lyrics become a powerful formula.   Shelley went on to make music with Buzzcocks, and a classic song here and there would show up on later recordings.  Still, I miss him greatly.

No comments: