Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday, April 1, 2019




I woke up at 5:55 A.M. because we are expecting two handymen to come in and fix numerous things that are plain wrong in our home.   They came at 8 A.M., but I need at the very least two hours to get myself ready for the outside world.  Three cups of coffee, check Facebook, read e-mail, do some writing, small breakfast (today, avocado on sourdough toast) and then a bath.   By the time they got here, I was fully aware of the world and my actions within its place.  



So far we had to tear part of the downstair's ceiling to locate two leaks that are taking place whenever I take a bath or shower.  Which is daily, so for at least 25 years, there have been leaks which caused permanent damage to the downstairs apartment.  Sometimes reality takes it time before one takes action and repair the horrifying series of incidents that took place in our home.

Financially I expect we will be wiped out.   The good news is that I have a stash of music and books to take over when the sad times arrive.


No comments: