Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jean Boullet and Boris Vian

J'irai cracher sur vos Tombes (I Spit on Your Graves)
The above edition is very rare.  Maybe 1,000 copies were produced sometime around 1947 or 1948.  It's Boris Vian's "I Spit on Your Graves" with illustrations by Jean Boullet, a friend of Vian's, and whose work is a combination of Jean Cocteau meets Tom of Finland.  

 "Jean Marais" by Jean Boullet
Via TamTam Books I want to re-publish this edition with the illustrations as well as using a Boris Vian's introduction to his controversial novel.  I am asking out to anyone who either has a copy of this limited edition wonder of a book or have contact to the Jean Boullet estate.


"Barnum's Digest" art by Jean Boullet with comments by Boris Vian
Also I am looking for a copy of the above book as well.  Boullet did a book of drawings with commentary by Vian.   Also if anyone has any inside information about the relationship between Vian and Boullet.  Everyone knows that I am a mega-Vian fan, but I am also drawn towards Boullet's work.  I saw some of his illustrations/artwork at the Boris Vian exhibition that took place in Paris.

Jean Boullet


Jean Boullet

Jean Boullet



1 comment:

Ilko Birov said...

The illustrations are very nice!
"I Spit on Your Graves" was a surprisingly good read. Definitely a Vian fan myself.
Looking forward to this new re-published version featuring Boullet's work.