Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014



January 11, 2014

I had a dream last night that there was snowfall in Los Angeles.  I looked up at the sky and a snowflake fell right in the middle of my eye and it stung me.  I woke up in my little tatami mat room in Meguro, Tokyo.  The first thing I see is the window with a tree that has snow on it.  Usually I'm cold, because Japanese houses don't normally have centralized heating, but alas, I didn't feel the morning chill.  i got out of the futon, went to the toilet and then back to the futon.

 I had a hard time focusing on what day it is and usually when I travel, I have a hard time focusing on location.  Perhaps due to jet lag i have awakened in the middle of the night not knowing where I am, yet familiar with the room.  It is almost like if my room was traveling with me.  But now I know I'm in Meguro and it never snows in Los Angeles.  The really odd thing is I heard Slim Harpo's "I'm a Kingbee."  It took me awhile but I think the music was coming from the outside.

 I put my t-shirt and pants on and went out.  Once I opened the door the music immediately stopped.  I heard the crows outside, and normally that is normal.  There is something so disturbing about the sound of those birds.  I often felt that they were having a conversation about me, and therefore because they have 'crow' language, they can speak freely among us humans.  I closed the front door, and immediately the Slim Harpo song starts up again.


1 comment:

ElNeato said...

happy b-day slim

great vocal, harp & guitar!!

"buzz awhile"

speakin crow to slip harpo…nice

cheers