Thursday, January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021, by Tosh Berman


 January 28, 2021


Satisfaction is not guaranteed. It never is, you know? I feel like I have studied Elvis for ages, and it never comes knocking on one’s door. I had to get in the car and drive. Where? I never cared for direction, and I let the wind carry me wherever it blows.  Some days I feel like I have been hanging out for centuries. The old neighborhood is changed. There used to be a cafe that served jelly donuts with a side of peanut butter, but now there’s a vacancy sign on the front door. I don’t go in; no one does. I used to sit on their patio and count backward from the number 500.  I wished that they have let me meet you. When one is attracted to another, it always feels like it’s a mistake. Not like I forgot to turn off the gas oven type-of-mistake, but the kind that is noticed very little, but the important people in one’s life notices. It’s embarrassing. I just have to leave, but before I do, may I bow toward you. Respect is lacking. When I was young, we spit in the palm of our hand and then shake. To share body fluids is a criminal activity these days. I felt comfort when I think in the present; fear for the future and the past is spent. There’s a garden, no, no, no.  - for Billy Mackenzie. 

No comments: