Friday, January 22, 2021

The Albums That Were Important To Tosh in 1993

 







The albums I purchased in 1993 were all familiar to me, such as Bowie and Frank Black (Pixies), except for Suede and The Divine Comedy. At the time, I actually preferred the Frank Black solo albums to his albums with Pixies. And Bowie's "Black Tie, White Noise, I thought was a great comeback for the presence and music of this brilliant artist. Many feel this album is not up there with other Bowie classics, but I loved this album when it came out. I also liked "The Buddha of Suburbia" soundtrack album by David. He was hungry to make new music.

I was most impressed with Suede for their graphics and photos of the band. A good-looking band goes far in my book, and I appreciated their retro-glam via the "Diamond Dogs" approach to their music. With an additional mixture of JG. Ballard as well. The Divine Comedy is book smart, and to me, they convey literature as music. The UK to the core, I loved their approach in making music to read books by. The compilation I listened to the most that year was Prince's "The Hits/B-Sides." Especially the B-Sides. All were magnificent.

No comments: