Monday, January 4, 2021

The Important Albums from 1980 for Tosh











 I turned 26-years old, working in a record store (Licorice Pizza), and only a handful of albums were essential to me in 1980. In no special order: Magazine's "Correct Use of Soap," Wall of Voodoo's first EP, The Cramps "Songs the Lord Taught Us," Human League's "Travelogue," Colin Newman's "A-Z," and The Feelies "Crazy Rhythms." Three of the albums were totally new sounds for me at the time: the Cramps, Wall of Voodoo, and Feelies. "Crazy Rhythms" I was really crazy about. At the time, their guitar orientated music sounded serious, and in a sense, sound like Television's younger brother. I also was impressed by how they allowed 'silence' between the tracks on the album. A moment to pause before the next aural adventure. -Tosh Berman

No comments: